No bake desserts are the best in the summer.
I love good BBQ.
- I am so excited that Master Chef is back on. Some people are addicted to reality TV shows like the Kardashians or the Bachelor, but show me any type of food show and I am like a kid in a candy store. Master Chef is my FAVORITE food competition show of all time.
- Have you ever attempted a DIY furniture project? The hubs and I were talking yesterday about building our own dining room table versus buying one. I found a super cute farmhouse style table that I really love.
- These beef and cheese empanadas…. um GIMMEE.
- Hubby and I went strawberry pickin’ at a local farm earlier this week and had such a great time! I love supporting local businesses and farmers markets, and being able to pick our own strawberries was such a wonderful treat. Cannot wait for blueberry season!
- Speaking of blueberries, how scrumptious does this blueberry ice cream look? Give me all the drippy ice cream cones.
- Love this article on common goal setting mistakes to avoid. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment”
- Part of the reason I wanted to create a blog was to have a neat place to organize my favorite recipes, and to allow myself to express creativity through my favorite outlet, which is cooking. Another reason, however, is to be able to have a journal for myself so that I can share my story not only with the world, but reflect on it as the years pass. This article about how sharing your story can change your life is perfect.
- I really want to go see the new X-Men movie. Have you seen it? I have read mixed reviews, but I am a sucker for a Marvel film so I am sure I’ll love it either way.
- Love this article on storm chasing tales. I’ve always been fascinated by photographs of twisters, though I would never chase one down myself. That just a bit too intense for my taste. But I will gladly appreciate the photographs of those crazy enough to do it.
- Counting down to the weekend for an impromptu beach day trip. What are your favorite things to do at the beach? I’m ready for some fresh sea food and boardwalkin’.
Super simple and super refreshing.
I have a deep infatuation for Asian cuisine.
- Love love love this article on being more productive. My favorite? “Visualize the end result often and imagine what it will be like to achieve it” Law of attraction at its finest.
- Just started watching “Game of Thrones” with the hubby. Feeling like we finally fell down the rabbit hole.
- Speaking of rabbit hole… have you seen “Alice Through the Looking Glass” yet? I am DYING to see it. I absolutely loved the first one, and my obsession with Tim Burton movies is unreal.
- What new TV shows are you watching? Telllll me. I feel deprived now that “Gotham” is over for the second season.
- This 5 min Yum Yum Sauce. I feel like it speaks straight into my soul.
- Strawberry season is in full swing and its my favorite time of the year. These strawberry muffins are what dreams are made of.
- We are in the process of buying our first car. I’ve visited KBB more times than I’d like to admit over the past week.
- What types of flowers do you have planted in your yard? We just moved into our first house and actually have a flowerbed. I am dying to dig into this weekend. Pun intended.
- On the look out for an espresso machine. We stocked up on our favorite coffee from Huckleberry Roasters before we left Denver, and we’re already halfway through it. Makes a great French pressed coffee, but I prefer it as an espresso, so the hunt begins. Do you have a favorite espresso machine?
- I’ve always been super interested in mediation. Love this article about what to expect from mediation practice.
Oh this recipe. Be still my heart.
I am obsessed with Christmas movies. For real… I remember growing up and watching The Grinch (the Jim Carrey version) during summer vacation just because it is that good. Anxiously awaiting the release of the “ABC’s 25 Days of Christmas” schedule, and never being disappointed that it’s pretty much a mash-up of the same movies over and over throughout the season.
So naturally, as I got older I had to build a Christmas movie collection of my own. I’m what some would call “a crazy Christmas lady”. Come the first of November I am already dragging out all of my ornaments, lights, and other decorations ready to put up the tree.
I wanted to share my love (ahem – obsession) for Christmas movies to share my ultimate “12 days of Christmas” movie list – in no specific order. These are my all time favorite Christmas movies, but please share your favorites in the comments below!
Spring has officially arrived here in Denver! As always, I find myself being obsessed with all things coral and teal (my two favorite spring time pairings) as well as wanting to make as many wreaths as humanly possible. I mean I LOVE to craft, obviously or I wouldn’t have made a blog, but I am in love with making wreaths.
Growing up my great-aunt Nini crafted so many different things, and I was always at her house observing, learning, and as I got older participating in the craft projects that she would start on. I remember making everything from American flags made out of beads and safety pins to making a snowman display from recycled aluminum cans, but my favorite things to watch and assist her in creating was wreaths. She always had such an ability to blend such different colors, decorations, and patterns to make the most beautiful creations. I was mesmerized.
Well it has definitely been more than a minute since I posted on here. I have been struggling within my job for a couple of months now, and it had definitely put a damper on my creativity and motivation to do some of the things that brought the most joy to my life. My job was very toxic, and when I was home and off work the very last thing I wanted to do was to sit in front of a computer like I had all day there. I would say at times I even felt defeated because it took the joy out of those things. Coming home after work I just wanted to relax and do nothing because being in such an unnatural sales environment for me was exhausting. One week ago today, I was discharged from the company, and at first I was devastated. Devastated at the fact that I had been fired from my first job out of college, and I didn’t have a backup plan. I didn’t have another job to go to after this one ended. I was pretty lost the first day or two because I just had no idea what I was going to do, but then I realized that I would never have to step a single toe back into the previous office I was in ever again. That was an exhilarating thought! Right then and there my whole attitude changed. Yes I am still uncertain and at times afraid, but I know that getting rid of something that only brought negativity to my life (even if not by my own doing) is better than the situation I was in.
Life is crazy and sometimes not what you hope or expect, but it’s a beautiful journey nonetheless. I just try keep my positivity (and sanity) as much as possible because I am human and sometimes I need to let myself get upset and cry out my frustrations, but I also have to keep that faith that things will get better because I am strong and I have the world’s best support system. I will never know what I did to deserve such a loving and gentle man than the one that I call mine. He is the rock of my life, and I am so grateful for every day that we spend together. On my darkest days he has done nothing but love and support me, and help me in my search to find a job that fits who and where I want to be at this point in my life. This post is dedicated to him (and his addiction to Mexican food haha). I love you, Guy!